When Microsoft acquired LinkedIn in June 2016 for 26.2 billion USD they quickly closed the doors against scraping profiles.
During 2017 LinkedIn became possibly the most difficult website to scrape data from.
This is where we jumped in, starting with December 2017 we added LinkedIn data to our range of services, this time as profile data supplier.
Legal clarity: We do not collect private data, we do not use illegal methods to access data (no accounts involved) and if we detect a user deleted his public profile we will remove him from our dataset as well.
Scope and accuracy of our LinkedIn database
We keep track of more than 364 million LinkedIn profiles, a number that is growing by millions every month.
We refresh our entire dataset at least once per quarter, the large majority of profiles are always updated within 2 months.
We estimate to have around 94% of all active LinkedIn profiles in the most important countries.
Our data is the foundation of some of the largest b2b marketing and talent acquisition firms and innovative startups.
But also various research studies from Harvard, Stanford and NYU are powered by our datasets.
The LinkedIn databases we sell are primarily to be used for internal use, educational research, statistics or to spice your project or tools to make them unique.
LinkedIn user profile details
We currently provide four levels of detail during export.
We export whatever we have available, not every profile has every field available
Basic details are refreshed every 1-2 months, these are used to monitor a users job and location choices and changes.
Every profile contains basic data.
- Name: First name, Middle name, Last name
- Number of connections
- Number of previous jobs
- Geo-location: normalized country, state and city
- Job title
- Company name
- Titles [PhD, Ing, Dr, etc.]
- LinkedIn profile URL
- Season: the start date of the month this profile was refreshed
Extended details are an early 2017 snapshot of additional fields, roughly 305 million profiles are enhanced with these extended fields.
- Job history: Company names, Job titles, Company Linkedin URLs, Job user descriptions, Start dates, End dates
- Education: Academic titles, Universities, Start dates, End dates
- Volunteering: Volunteered organizations, Job titles, Causes, Organization Linkedin URLs, Start dates, End dates
- Skills: A list of skills and abilities
- Interests and hobbies
- Patents: Registered patents including Patent IDs, Titles, URLs
- Publications: Authors, Publishers, Summaries, Titles, Websites
- Certifications: Certification authorities, License names, Titles, Start dates, End dates
- Recommendations: The public recommendations preview
- Related profiles: The part 'also_viewed' from LinkedIn with related LinkedIn URLs
- Websites: Websites and titles the user has added
- Languages: The languages the user is speaking
EXTENDED JOB HISTORY
Extended job history is an additional complex field of our monitored job changes,company name and job title, for each quarter since January 2018. (Q3/2018: 535 million sets)
Since August 2018 we increased the resolution from quarterly to monthly
- Quarter start date
- Job title
- Company name
Company matching enables the active search for extended company data during export. If the company name is found within our database of 12 million company profiles a range of extended company fields are included.
- Company LinkedIn URL
- Summary text
- Headquarter address
- Website URL
- Size: min and max size
- Founded year
Our business is B2B oriented, intended to be used for internal purposes and only forwarded to 3rd parties in highly filtered fashion.
LinkedIn data must not be published in public or sold/forwarded to other entities without our written permission for each purpose.
Data must be safeguarded with high care and stored in a secure manner to prevent unwanted access.
By ordering you also agree to our terms of service.
We are specialists with more than 10 years of experience in software development and scraping.
We can provide LinkedIn data as your reliable data supplier but we are also able to develop customized search engines, frontend and backend tools or any other customized solution based on your requirements.
Of course our professional customer service is available before as well as after purchases.
contact our helpdesk
Linkedin user profile example
User profiles are exported in machine readable JSON objects, separated by newlines. This format can be parsed and imported into your database or used directly with a few single lines of source code.
The below example is human readable JSON.